CeeDee Lamb responds to NFL’s controversial ‘nose wipe’ penalty decision

CeeDee Lamb responds to NFL’s controversial ‘nose wipe’ penalty decision

CeeDee Lamb’s well-known celebration could become a thing of the past following the latest NFL rule change.

In a new rules report sent to teams around the league this week, the “nose wipe” gesture has been categorized as a “violent gesture” and will result in a 15-yard penalty.

Said gestures “shall include but not be limited to a throat slash, simulating firing or brandishing a gun, or using the ‘nose wipe,’” according to a snippet of the unsportsmanlike conduct guidelines shared Wednesday on X by ESPN analyst Benjamin Solak.

A "nose wipe" celebration that CeeDee Lamb has used in the past will result in a 15-yard penalty in a new NFL rule change.
A “nose wipe” celebration that CeeDee Lamb has used in the past will result in a 15-yard penalty in a new NFL rule change. Getty Images

Pro Football Talk expanded on the gesture Wednesday, noting “the nose wipe is a gang sign ᴀssociated with the Bloods, indicating someone is untrustworthy.”

And even Lamb weighed in, responding to Solak’s post: “Smh, i have plenty in mind.”

The Cowboys’ first-round pick in 2020, the star wide receiver has performed the move across his five seasons in Dallas.

Through 81 games with the Cowboys, Lamb has tallied 6,339 receiving yards and 38 touchdowns paired with 388 rushing yards and three scores.

Even as Lamb eclipsed 1,000 yards last season (1,194), it was a down year in Dallas overall as the team was hampered by injuries and finished 7-10, missing the playoffs.

CeeDee Lamb has played for the Cowboys since 2020.
CeeDee Lamb has played for the Cowboys since 2020. Getty Images

The franchise also saw the departure of longtime coach Mike McCarthy, who had been at the helm since 2020.

Brian ScH๏τtenheimer, who served as Dallas’ offensive coordinator for the last two seasons, was hired as McCarthy’s replacement as head coach.

Lamb, 25, is entering the second year of a four-year, $136 million contract extension he signed last August.

He skipped offseason workouts, including mandatory minicamp and parts of training camp, while holding out for a new deal.

Related Posts

Taylor Swift facing travel chaos to watch Travis Kelce and the Chiefs’ first game next season

Taylor Swift facing travel chaos to watch Travis Kelce and the Chiefs’ first game next season

Taylor Swift may have to jet overseas for the Kansas City Chiefs’ opening game in the 2025 NFL season. The NFL is having the Los Angeles Chargers…

Eagles risk Donald Trump’s wrath as owner Jeffrey Lurie makes statement over Super Bowl White House visit

Eagles risk Donald Trump’s wrath as owner Jeffrey Lurie makes statement over Super Bowl White House visit

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie has risked angering President Donald Trump after he said the team’s Super Bowl White House visit was ‘optional.’ After beating the Chiefs in…

Kansas City Chiefs make shock NFL request that could badly impact Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift

Kansas City Chiefs make shock NFL request that could badly impact Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift

The Kansas City Chiefs have requested to play on Christmas Day every year, according to reports. Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce and Co. have played on December 25…

Deshaun Watson issues cryptic response after Cleveland Browns owner called him ‘a big miss’

Deshaun Watson issues cryptic response after Cleveland Browns owner called him ‘a big miss’

Deshaun Watson made a cryptic social media post on Tuesday after receiving some scathing criticism from Browns owner Jimmy Haslam. Haslam told reporters at the league’s annual…

BREAKING NEWSTaylor Swift reacts to Kylie and Jason Kelce welcoming the birth of their new daughter

BREAKING NEWSTaylor Swift reacts to Kylie and Jason Kelce welcoming the birth of their new daughter

Taylor Swift has joined in with sending her congratulations to Kylie and Jason Kelce after they introduced their new daughter, Finnley, to the world via social media. …

Travis and Jason Kelce slam ‘bogus’ efforts to get the ‘tush push’ banned from the NFL

Travis and Jason Kelce slam ‘bogus’ efforts to get the ‘tush push’ banned from the NFL

Travis and Jason Kelce are not on board with the efforts to have the ‘tush push’ banned from the NFL. The short-yardage play – which has been…