Chargers star reveals troubling reason why he won’t leave his Brazil H๏τel before Kansas City Chiefs game

Chargers star reveals troubling reason why he won't leave his Brazil H๏τel before Kansas City Chiefs game

Los Angeles Chargers star Tony Jefferson has revealed will not be leaving the team’s H๏τel while staying in Brazil due to it not being safe for the opening-week NFL game against the Kansas City Chiefs. 

The NFL is returning to Brazil next month for the second year in a row, after last year’s Week 1 clash, where the Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Green Bay Packers in Sao Paulo at the Corinthians Arena. 

Jefferson has again raised concerns about player safety while visiting the country primarily to play a football game.

‘Isn’t like Brazil dangerous? I’m not leaving the H๏τel,’ Jefferson said. ‘I’m finna pack my PS5, my Samsung.’

It is the second straight year where a player from a team playing in the South American showdown has publicly voiced his displeasure for the NFL bringing an important game to Sao Paulo. Last season, it was the Eagles duo of Darius Slay and AJ Brown. 

‘I do not want to go to Brazil. You want to know why? I’m going to tell you why,’ Slay said, via PHL Eagles Nation. ‘They already told us not to leave the H๏τel. They told us we can’t do too much going on, because the crime rate is crazy. 

Wild: Chargers DB Tony Jefferson says he will NOT leave the H๏τel in Brazil when they play the Chiefs week 1.Jefferson is a wise man concerned for his safety. pic.twitter.com/ZE98aLQ2fi

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 3, 2025 Chargers star Tony Jefferson has revealed will not be leaving the team's H๏τel in Brazil

Chargers star Tony Jefferson has revealed will not be leaving the team’s H๏τel in Brazil

Jefferson said it is due to it not being safe for the opening-week NFL game against the Chiefs

Jefferson said it is due to it not being safe for the opening-week NFL game against the Chiefs

‘I’m like ‘NFL, why would you want to send us somewhere with a crime rate this high?” Slay added that he’s so uncomfortable with the situation that he’s telling his family to not bother making the trip. 

‘I told my family do not come down there because I’m not going to be nowhere to be found,’ Slay said. 

Slay says he plans to spend the entire trip in his H๏τel, which is a similar sentiment to that of wide receiver A.J. Brown. In an interview back in August, the Eagles receiver also indicated that he’d be getting used to his H๏τel during the trip. 

‘We had a meeting yesterday with a whole bunch of ”Don’t Do’s,’ said Brown. ‘I’m just trying to go down there, win a football game & come back here. […] 

He continued, ‘We’re not down there to see the city, this is not a vacation, this is a football game. […] Simple as just walking down the street with your phone in your hand… kinda crazy.’ 

‘After hearing all that stuff I’m probably gonna be in my room,’ he added. 

The NFL did not report any wrongdoing around NFL players from last year’s game in Sao Paulo.  

Related Posts

Johnny Manziel leads pack of sports stars taking part in season four of Special Forces

Johnny Manziel leads pack of sports stars taking part in season four of Special Forces

Former NFL quarterback Johnny Manziel headlines the pack of sports stars taking part in season four of Fox reality compeтιтion Special Forces: World’s Toughest Test, which premiers next…

NFL confirms major loophole in new ban on smelling salts and other ammonia inhalants

NFL confirms major loophole in new ban on smelling salts and other ammonia inhalants

NFL players gripping their contraband smelling salts like winning lottery tickets can relax: the league won’t ban the inhalants. The players’ union sent a memo to members…

Dallas Cowboys backup QB Joe Milton easily tops NFL ‘record’ during scrimmage with Los Angeles Rams

Dallas Cowboys backup QB Joe Milton easily tops NFL ‘record’ during scrimmage with Los Angeles Rams

The Cowboys’ offseason trade for Patriots backup Joe Milton wasn’t supposed to start a quarterback controversy in Dallas, given the status of entrenched $240 million starter Dak…

Travis Kelce glad to escape Taylor Swift attention in ‘sanctuary’ of Kansas City Chiefs camp

Travis Kelce glad to escape Taylor Swift attention in ‘sanctuary’ of Kansas City Chiefs camp

Kansas City Chiefs тιԍнт end Travis Kelce is glad to escape the mᴀssive attention he gets as Taylor Swift’s boyfriend, calling the team’s training camp a ‘sanctuary’…

Revealed: Why Kansas City Chiefs welcomed a sworn enemy into camp… and he was even wearing team uniform

Revealed: Why Kansas City Chiefs welcomed a sworn enemy into camp… and he was even wearing team uniform

The Kansas City Chiefs have brought former Las Vegas Raiders coach Antonio Pierce to training camp despite being a former sworn enemy due to his vast defensive…

Machine Gun Kelly reveals somber Taylor Swift Super Bowl chat as Travis Kelce and the Chiefs were getting beat

Machine Gun Kelly reveals somber Taylor Swift Super Bowl chat as Travis Kelce and the Chiefs were getting beat

The Chiefs’ Super Bowl LIX loss was devastating for Travis Kelce, but it was a sad night for Machine Gun Kelly as well. The musician, who grew…