Controversial Fox Sports host slams ‘recklessly unfair’ claims he blamed Taylor Swift for Travis Kelce rift

Controversial Fox Sports host slams 'recklessly unfair' claims he blamed Taylor Swift for Travis Kelce rift

Nick Wright set the record straight after generating comments earlier this week with a statement about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce being taken out of context. 

After revealing on his ‘What’s Wright’ podcast that he and Kelce have not socialized much for some time, fans ᴀssumed that Swift had wedged Kelce and Wright’s friendship.

During the program, the Fox Sports 1 host shared that he and Kelce intended to spend time together at the Chiefs Super Bowl parade in 2024. However, the shooting incident hindered their meetup.

Wright’s explanation about why a raincheck did not happen in the offseason caused a stir on social media.

‘Trav and I have not, like, talked, talked since he’s been serious with Taylor Swift. Since he’s become a high-priority, super celebrity,’ Wright shared.

‘So here’s the thing. I don’t want to bother him during the year. And then last off-season, he was traveling the world with Taylor.’

“I am so frustrated by this because it is so recklessly unfair to Travis and Taylor”@getnickwright reacts to his Travis Kelce comments somehow becoming a misleading People magazine headline pic.twitter.com/jAY2hsx3jn

— What’s Wright? with Nick Wright (@WhatsWrightShow) April 3, 2025 Fox Sports 1 host Nick Wright addressed his comments about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce

Fox Sports 1 host Nick Wright addressed his comments about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce 

Read MoreEXCLUSIVE Travis Kelce SIDELINES Taylor Swift in dramatic new twist after blaming her for NFL struggles article image

After the comment led to Swift being abused for gatekeeping Kelce by his friends, Wright claimed his statement was misconstrued.

‘Trav and I have a great relationship. But we don’t hang out. We don’t talk on the phone. Might text or DM occasionally,’ he said on the What’s Wright podcast. ‘But I leave him alone during the season and last offseason he was the busiest man in the world. That’s what I said.’

‘I am so incredibly, oddly frustrated by this because it is so recklessly unfair to Travis Kelce,’ he added. 

‘So let me reset exactly what happened. Not restate, not clarify, cause everything that I said was totally, 100 per cent clear.’

‘I didn’t misspeak, I didn’t misrepresent but the headlines, to me, are.’

Wright also named PEOPLE, US Weekly, and several other media outlets for taking the story out of context.

Wright revealed his friendship with Kelce has deteriorated since he started dating the popstar

Wright revealed his friendship with Kelce has deteriorated since he started dating the popstar

The controversial sports personality, who previously enjoyed a close relationship with Kelce, has barely spoken to the тιԍнт end since he entered a serious relationship with Swift.

However, that didn’t stop Travis and his brother Jason from naming Nick as a potential future guest on the latest episode of their New Heights podcast.

Wright, whose takes on FS1’s ‘First Things First’ often divide opinion, was shown a clip of the Chiefs тιԍнт end saying he ‘f***ing loves’ him on New Heights, before he opened up on the breakdown of their friendship.

Related Posts

BREAKING NEWSNFL superstar and future Hall of Famer Julio Jones announces retirement with emotional statement

BREAKING NEWSNFL superstar and future Hall of Famer Julio Jones announces retirement with emotional statement

Future NFL Hall of Famer Julio Jones has announced he is retiring from the sport at the age of 36. The legendary wide receiver, a seven-time Pro…

BREAKING NEWSєx-NFL linebacker Dean Wells dies at age 54 after two-year cancer battle

BREAKING NEWSєx-NFL linebacker Dean Wells dies at age 54 after two-year cancer battle

Former NFL linebacker Dean Wells has died at the age of 54 after a two-year bout with cancer. Wells, who played nine years in the NFL with…

Jason Kelce furiously hits back at rival NFL owner Terry Pegula over false ‘dangerous’ claims

Jason Kelce furiously hits back at rival NFL owner Terry Pegula over false ‘dangerous’ claims

NFL legend Jason Kelce has hit back at Buffalo Bills owner Terry Pegula, who appeared to have misinterpreted the former center’s previous comments on the controversial ‘Tush…

Kelly Stafford opens up on marriage struggles as couple reaches 10th anniversary

Kelly Stafford opens up on marriage struggles as couple reaches 10th anniversary

Kelly Stafford got real candid about her and Matthew Stafford’s marriage. During the latest installment of “The Morning After” podcast, Kelly celebrated the couple’s 10th anniversary on…

BREAKING NEWSNFL quarterback Drew Lock’s restaurateur dad suddenly dies

BREAKING NEWSNFL quarterback Drew Lock’s restaurateur dad suddenly dies

The father of NFL quarterback Drew Lock has died. Andy Lock was a restauranteur in Kansas City and co-founder of Summit Hospitality Group, who announced in a…

LeSean McCoy has warning for Dak Prescott after Joe Milton trade

LeSean McCoy has warning for Dak Prescott after Joe Milton trade

The Cowboys’ trade acquisition of Joe Milton III was simply a depth move for a backup quarterback to operate behind Dak Prescott — or was it? Former…